Short Heath Junior School
- We wish Short Heath to be a centre of excellence
- We wish to have a partnership between home and school which will help our children to develop spiritually, intellectually, socially and emotionally.
- We wish our children to be taught in an atmosphere of praise and encouragement where curiosity, enthusiasm, special skills and aptitudes are nurtured and where special needs are met.
- We wish all of our children to succeed and will have high standards and expectations for all.
- We wish to ensure equal access for all and we will set ourselves against discrimination of any sort.
- We wish all of our children to feel safe and secure and have an agreed policy for discipline which is based on the Christian values of respect for oneself and others
We aim to be a community where:
- Children are placed firmly at the centre.
- Christian beliefs and values are central to everything we do.
- Children are nurtured spiritually, morally, socially and culturally to have caring natures, positive attitudes and to behave responsibly.
- Excellence in literacy and numeracy is central and all teaching is of the highest quality, meeting National Curriculum requirements and beyond.
- Children are motivated to achieve the highest possible standards and to make good progress relative to prior attainment.
- Resources (human and material) are used efficiently to ensure value for money from available funds.