Welcome to Year 4!
We have an exciting term planned and cannot wait to get started on our second term in year 4.
Should you have any concerns please contact your child’s teacher at the earliest possibility, so we can address any problems together.
We look forward to an exciting first term.
Miss Gilbert and Mrs Titley - Douglas Fir Class Teachers
Mrs Dudley-Mowe - Horse Chestnut Class Teacher
Mr Whitehouse - Silver Birch Class Teacher
Miss Campbell, Miss Kaur, Mr Bannister, Miss Lyons and Miss Edwards - Y4 Support Staff
We are learning about Tall things EXTREME!
Y4 PE days are:
OUTSIDE - MONDAY
INSIDE - WEDNESDAY
From January 2024, we will be introducing a new PE uniform for pupils to ensure that we have a cost effective, smart and practical PE kit that, for all classes can be worn to school on pupils’ timetabled PE days only.
Our PE uniform will consist of:
· A PLAIN BLACK sports sweatshirt/hoodie.
· A pair of PLAIN BLACK jogging bottoms/leggings.
· A PLAIN HOUSE COLOURED t-shirt (NO FOOTBALL T-SHIRTS).
· A pair of PLAIN BLACK shorts (cycling shorts or football shorts, both just above the knee - no tiny gymnastics shorts please).
· A pair of ‘lightweight’ trainers (these need to be suitable for indoor and outdoor physical activity.
By wearing their PE uniform to school:
· Pupils will be able to have longer for lessons, as no time will be lost on changing for PE;
· It will ensure pupils’ privacy and dignity, as boys/girls will not need to change in mixed groups;
· There will be more space in cloakroom areas;
· We can work towards our ‘School Games Mark’, as all pupils will be wearing an appropriate kit that enables them to participate fully in lessons.
Y4 MULTIPLICATION CHECK
Later this academic year, your child will take part in the multiplication check; an information leaflet is attached. Please encourage your child to practise on TTRockstars every night. If you do not have a log in / password then ask your child's Class Teacher for this. Thank you.
Have a go at these:
To help develop children’s fluency in mathematics, we ask them to learn Key Instant Recall Facts each half term.
These lists of KIRFs have been created to align with the new curriculum. They are intended to be challenging and it is intended that children will be taught the necessary maths in lessons beforehand.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookies page
Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.