A warm welcome to Year 6 - an important year for all the children - and our final year at Short Heath!
As staff, we will support all children in their learning to achieve their potential and we value any additional support you can give!
Here's to a great penultimate term of our final year at Short Heath.
If you have any questions about your child's time in Y6, please don't hesitate to speak to a member of staff.
Mrs Tuttle - Maple Class Teacher
Mr Marsh - Willow Class Teacher
Mrs Jephcott (HLTA), Mrs Renar, Ms Assi and Ms Freeman - Support Staff
This term, we are exploring World War.
MONDAY - INSIDE
THURSDAY - OUTSIDE
From January 2024, we will be introducing a new PE uniform for pupils to ensure that we have a cost effective, smart and practical PE kit that, for all classes can be worn to school on pupils’ timetabled PE days only.
Our PE uniform will consist of:
· A PLAIN BLACK sports sweatshirt/hoodie.
· A pair of PLAIN BLACK jogging bottoms/leggings.
· A PLAIN HOUSE COLOURED t-shirt (NO FOOTBALL T-SHIRTS).
· A pair of PLAIN BLACK shorts (cycling shorts or football shorts, both just above the knee - no tiny gymnastics shorts please).
· A pair of ‘lightweight’ trainers (these need to be suitable for indoor and outdoor physical activity.
By wearing their PE uniform to school:
· Pupils will be able to have longer for lessons, as no time will be lost on changing for PE;
· It will ensure pupils’ privacy and dignity, as boys/girls will not need to change in mixed groups;
· There will be more space in cloakroom areas;
· We can work towards our ‘School Games Mark’, as all pupils will be wearing an appropriate kit that enables them to participate fully in lessons.
To help develop children’s fluency in mathematics, we ask them to learn Key Instant Recall Facts each half term.
These lists of KIRFs have been created to align with the new curriculum. They are intended to be challenging and it is intended that children will be taught the necessary maths in lessons beforehand.
Click on the yellow image below to access lots of practice materials and resources.
|Automatic negative thoughts.pdf
|cute printable bucket list template.pdf
|Mental Health week 20 poster.pdf
|MHW20 ideas plan (1).pdf
|Mindfulness booklet activities.pdf
|Mindfulness resourses for kids.pdf
|Positive affirmations for kids.pdf
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookies page
Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.